Student Visa

Canadian education system is one of the best in the world. Colleges and university programs in Canada are widely recognized around the world. This makes Canada one of the most sought destination for international students. Every year thousands of international students come to Canada to study and gain valuable academic experience. International students need a study visa to travel to Canada which is a temporary resident visa. A student needs a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institute in Canada and must pay one year of tuition fee. In addition, a GIC account in the name of student in any approved Canadian banks by IRCC. It is especially important to check if a college has a DLI number.

Applicants applying from outside Canada should :

  • Have language test result of IELTS or TEF.
  • Have high school completion certificate and marksheet
  • Have received a letter of acceptance from one of the Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) and the program is full-time.
  • Have the proof of paid one year of tuition fee.
  • Have enough financial resources to support him/her during the stay.
  • Provide all other supporting documents as required by visa office.

Students may also need :

  • to provide the biometrics.
  • to provide medical results.
  • to provide PCC.

Once your visa application is approved, a temporary student may be issued a temporary resident visa and upon arrival in Canada, a study permit may be issued at the port of entry.

Who might not need a study permit to study in Canada?

  • Study program is less than 6 months in Canada
  • If you are a family or staff member of a foreign representative to Canada
  • If you are a minor child in Canada, then you do not need a study permit etc.
Applicants applying from inside Canada should :
  • have valid and legal status in Canada.
  • Have proof of financial support during the study.
  • Have letter of acceptance from a DLI.

Note: International students may be eligible to work part time for 20 hours per week during their study. After completion of study, students may get Post Graduation Work Permit and may be eligible for federal and provincial governments’ programs for Permanent Residence.